Frequently asked questions
Click on the question to find answers!
How long does it take for the order to be delivered?
– Delivery time is 1-3 business days
– If you’d like to receive your order more quickly, you can pick it up yourself from our office
– Last minute orders will be completed on the same day if the file is received before 12:00 AM. Last minute orders received after 12 AM will be completed by 12 AM the next day.
What do I need to create a book or a calendar?
– Photos saved onto your computer’s hard drive
– Texts that you’d like to see in the book.
What are the covers of the book like?
What is the binding and the page material of the book like?
– The paper used is 150 g/m2 silk paper.
What is the books’ print quality?
Why are the books darker in print than on the computer screen?
– Photos look darker in print than on screen because computer screens have background lighting and the image looks brighter
– Printed photos are different (more grainy) from chemically developed photos, but even developed photos look darker if the lighting is insufficient and the colours and tones may look unreal.
What is the printing quality of large photos?
How much does a book or a calendar cost?
– A book with a minimum of 10 pages: small book costs 12€, larger book 18€.
How many photos can I fit on one page?
– We set no limits, you can have 1 large or 20 smaller images on the page, you decide.
How can I get my paper photos into the book?
– Old black-and-white or colour photos look great in the book after scanning!
I have designed a book on my Mac, using iPhoto. How can I order that?
– Send the .pdf to our e-mail email@example.com through WeTransfer along with your order and contact information. After we receive your file, we will send you the bill.
– If you prefer to use another file sharing service, please mark firstname.lastname@example.org as the contact
– Your book will be ready for pick up at our office in 3 business days. In case you’d like the product delivered to your home, take into account the additional 3€ delivery fee.
1. Through WeTransfer (www.wetransfer.com)
2. By uploading the file onto our FTP server (omaraamat-ftp)
FTP UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Click on the logo above, you’ll be redirected to our FTP site
2. Enter the username and password in the opened window, which are:
– Username: oma
– Password: raamat
3. If you entered the username and password correctly, you will be logged onto our FTP server. There are two folders, Incoming and Outgoing. If you wish to download the Omasoft design tool, you can find it in the Outgoing folder. To upload your book or calendar, open the Incoming folder;
4. Make a folder with your name in the Incoming folder;
5. Drag your .ord file to your folder;
6. Your file is safely with us upon completion.
WETRANSFER UPLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Open the webpage www.wetransfer.com by clicking the logo above;
2. By clicking “Add your files”, your file browser opens, there you can find your file;
3. Fill the “Email to” field with email@example.com;
4. Add your own e-mail address to the next field;
5. To finish, click on “Transfer”.